The Travel Insider
Despite her deep pockets, New York City real estate mogul and tough shark Barbara Corcoran isn’t beneath flying economy to save a buck or two. To make the experience more enjoyable, Ms. Corcoran packs her own charcuterie for the haul. Follow these tips to turn your next ordinary flight into a first class experience.
1. Take a breather from work and read a book or watch a pre-downloaded movie on your device.
2. Nap well: neck pillows make a world of difference and are readily available for purchase at almost every airport.
3. BYOB: Those 50 mL liquor bottles can be carried in your quart-sized toiletries bag. Mix with a soda for a yummy airplane cocktail.
4. Listen up: noise-canceling headphones are great for binge listening to the latest podcast or your favorite jams.
5. Keep warm: Always pack a blanket and warm socks to avoid being cold on the plane.
Pack the following for a mini spa kit:
- Eye mask
- Essential oils
- Favorite tea or instant drink mix
- Tasty chocolates or treats
- Andes mints
- Ibuprofen just in case